Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Obama can come to my school

Yes, I am a republican. But Obama can come to my school and speak to my kids any time he pleases. I would be pleased to hear him motivate the kids to do their homework, to be active in politics, to be physically fit. It would be an experience that they would never forget. I would even be pleased if he would address the kids about his struggles with tobacco.

What bothers me is when any politician, no matter the office, uses children to push their policies, whether I agree with them or not.

So, on behalf of all Clearfield High School parents, I hereby invite President Obama to come to our school and speak with our kids in an assembly. Please come and inspire and motivate our children and give them an experience that they will never forget. The children are the future of our country, and our chief should lead them to that future.

Speaking of which, the "I pledge allegience to our debt" commercial that has been running give me pause for thought. And remember, the debt is owned by both parties.