Sunday, November 8, 2009

Hot of the presses

On a Saturday night, the US House of Representatives passed a health care reform package.  I am not going to go into all the details, because I certainly have not had the time to read it.  Even if I did, it was not posted anywhere.  I suspect that almost no one in Congress has had the time to read it.


None of Utah's three congressmen voted for the bill.  There is a move afoot to punish the democrats that voted against the bill.  There is also going to be a move against the GOP congressman that voted for the bill. 

You might think that I am going to blog about the partisanship in Washington, and how the people's house is not coming together to get something that is needed done for the people.  The question I want everyone to ask themselves is this: if this bill is so important to the country and our future, why is the vote scheduled for Saturday night at midnight?