Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Congratulations to President Obama

And something that we do not need...

The African American community has every right to celebrate the last two days with the inauguration of the first president of African descent. I am certain that had Mitt Romney won, then we Latter-day Saints would be equally ecstatic. This is your moment, you deserve it...enjoy it.

I was disappointed to see one of my neighbors, about three blocks west of where I live, flying a White Supremacist flag. We do not need this reputation in Davis County. We have so few non-whites here. I welcome anyone of African, Asian, Australian, Polynesian, Hispanic, Aleut or Amerindian decent to this community. Please do not be offended by the lack of courtesy and know that only very few of us feel this way.