Monday, January 26, 2009

Orrin does it again.

Mr Hatch voted to confirm the President's choice for Secretary of the Treasury. Yes, we understand that there are mistakes and oversights, but when you financing is the business that you are in, some oversights can not be overlooked.

...

More about why budget cuts should be across the board. Misery like the State of Utah is experiencing should be spread out. If someone is spared a budget cut, someone else will have to receive more than his fair share of the misery. The members of the legislature should ignore the parade of people that they are getting asking that their department should be spared budget cuts for whatever reason. If a lobbyist were to come to me to ask for a department to be spared, I would say, "Perhaps they should fire you and that would same them some money."

...

Obama has told Republicans not to listen to Rush Limabagh. There are, believe it or not, Republicans that think that Rush is an old windbag. As I told a Salt Lake Tribune reporter last year, I think that I am smart enough to make my own decisions. I think that most intelligent people don't parrot something that they heard on talk Radio. It would be wrong to over or under estimate the effect that Rush and freinds have on the overall electorate. If Rush had his way, Obama would not be President.