Thursday, May 7, 2009

Musings from the edge of the news

Girls trying to make amends for past mistakes:

Bristol Palin has made an interesting discovery: Abstinence is difficult, but being a single, teen-aged mom is more difficult.

Miss California deserves kudos for saying something unpopular, even though she did not answer the question. My question, why is it states have the right to choose on gay marriage only if they choose to allow it? Look at all of the flack California's are getting for choosing not to allow it.

And what of the underwear modeling photos of Prejean that have surfaced lately? My wife would kill me if I asked, "why did this woman need implants?" So I won't. Remember what I said yesterday about how social conservatives are not all that forgiving? This incident was a gift for the cause, and there are somethings that we need to look past. Now if it turns out that more racy photos turn up, then I am jumping off of the bandwagon.